web analytics

Requesting Custody Of A Child

Chris Hildebrand of Hildebrand Law. I’m an Arizona Divorce Lawyer. I’ve been practicing divorce and family law in the state of Arizona for over 20 years. One of the common questions I receive from clients or potential clients regarding the Arizona divorce process is, when does a court decide the important issues of child custody, child support or alimony , sometimes referred to as spousal maintenance. Either party in a divorce case may file what’s called a motion for temporary orders requesting that the court issue temporary orders regarding custody and support prior to the entry of the final divorce decree. If either party.

Files a motion for temporary orders, the court will typically set a hearing on that motion for temporary orders within 30 to 60 days of the date that the request is made for those orders. If neither party requests temporary orders in the case, then those issues will be decided at the final trial of the case. The court will issue determinations regarding child custody, it will award child support, if alimony and spousal maintenance is appropriate, it will also award those amounts and can actually, retroactively apply the child support and.

Leave a Reply