web analytics

Where Are Child Custody Cases Heard

How do I stop my exwife or my exhusband from relocating out of state with my children Hi. I’m Eric Engel, a Seattle divorce lawyer with the Engel Law Group here in Seattle, Washington. Here in Washington state, if a parent wants to take their children out of state because for example they got a new job, Washington has what’s called a rebuttable presumption that the move is going to be allowed. If you’re objecting to the relocation and you don’t want to allow your exwife or your exhusband to take.

Your kids with them, keep this in mind you have to overcome the presumption. That means the court already presupposes that the move should be allowed. There are 3 factors you should focus on if you’re trying to prevent a relocation from your exwife or your exhusband. One what’s the nature of the relationship that you have with your children and what’s the nature of the relationship that your spouse has with your children Two what kind of lifestyle and what kind of employment prospects are there in the new location versus here.

In Washington state Three what kind of relationship does the child have with support For example, extended family here in Washington state versus the new location. Essentially what you’re looking for is you’re trying to find out what the detriment is to the child, if the child was moved out of state. Why am I telling you this I’m telling you this because you’re trying to figure out if you’ve got a good case to prevent a relocation out of state. These are the sorts of problems we deal with every day. If you’re thinking about objecting.

How Can I Stop My Ex From Relocating With My Children Seattle Family Attorney Eric Engel Explains

Leave a Reply